We’ve got 25 great events so far.
Deadline for event registration is August 11.
Volunteer for Peace Week Delaware.
Welcome to the second Peace Week Delaware 2017 Newsletter – we have more great news to share since our last post in July.
Here is What is Happening:
- Events are now posted on-line: Today, we posted the first round of 25 Peace Week Delaware Events on the Peace Week website under the tab Calendar 2017. Check out the wide range of events – with more coming, including several in Kent and Sussex Counties – during the month of August. There are films, speakers, a community walk-about, a coffee house, a show of children’s visionary peace art, performances and concerts, public library displays, interfaith meals, plus rallies and the fourth annual March for a Culture of Peace. Keep checking this link throughout August! A great big thanks to our intrepid webmaster, Andre Dagenais.
- Media Coverage: The first Peace Week Press Advisory is being released today to media state-wide to announce the first round of events on-line. Be looking for coverage and tell you friends about it.
- Kickoff Meeting – Kent County: This meeting was held in late July – many thanks to Steering Committee members, Julia Diebold and Michele Tashman, and to Pastor Amy Yarnall, who is leading the Peace Week work in Kent County. Interested in sponsoring an event in that County? Please contact Pastor Amy.
- Sussex County is planning events as well. Want to connect with their work? Contact Don Peterson.
- Event Sponsors: Promotional materials (posters, post cards, and stickers) are available for you at St. Stephens Lutheran Church, 1301 N Broom Street Wilmington, DE 19806 between 9am and Noon each day. Please ask for Kanchalee Reeves.
- August 11: Registration deadline to be listed on the Peace Week printed program for both Events and financial and in-kind donations to the Steering Committee. How to create an event and online registration is at this link.
- September 17 – 24: Peace Week Delaware 2017, with a special pre-PWD event on September 16.
How You Can Help Make Peace Week Successful:
- Volunteer to help distribute promotional materials state-wide in late August / early September. Even a few hours of your time will mean a great deal in getting out the word across Delaware. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Like” and “Share” on Facebook: Our Social Media Lead, Rev. Jason Churchill of St. Stephens, has been posting on Facebook about Peace Week since June. Like and share our FB page. On Twitter, follow @peaceweekde. We’re also on Instagram: peaceweekde. Using NextDoor? Tell your neighbors about Peace Week.
- Become a Community Partner to Peace Week Delaware by donating to support Steering Committee promotional activities. Contribute to us through the Pacem in Terris Network for Good site. Be sure to designate your donation for “PWD.” Donations of every amount are appreciated – from businesses, government and individuals. Thanks to the great folks who have already helped us.
- Forward a link to this post to your friends and colleagues—and talk it up!
Be looking for future Peace Week Delaware Newsletters. Coming up: more about the many great events coming in September.
Questions about Peace Week Delaware 2017? Email email@example.com.
Yours in peace,
The Peace Week Delaware 2017 Steering Committee