Create/Edit/Manage an Event for Peace Week Delaware
Peace Week 2022 : October, 2022; Start Planning Now
Accepting Event Submissions until July 1st, 2022.
We’re thrilled that you want to get involved with Peace Week! Follow the steps below to get started.
Step 1) Review Event Criteria
PEACE WEEK DELAWARE – EVENT CRITERIA
The objective of Peace Week Delaware Events is to motivate, educate, and/or inspire in a setting (virtual or in-person) where everyone’s voice is heard.
Official Peace Week Delaware Events for 2021 will follow these criteria:
- Promote peace, non-violence and/or justice in communities within Delaware. A peaceful community is one where physical and emotional needs are met and where people are treated with empathy and respect. In the past, event topics have included restorative justice, trauma care, inclusion, public policy, personal well-being, community service,environmental justice, interfaith understanding and housing equity. This list is far from exhaustive; the possibilities are endless.
- Be posted on the Peace Week Delaware website where attendees will register to attend. This information will be made available to the event sponsoring organization.
- Personal email addresses from registrations may be used to promote other peace-related activities.
- Encourage attendees to become involved in peace making activities by providing specific ideas and contacts as to how they can do this.
- Be welcoming and accessible to all abilities and free of charge
- Promote free and respectful sharing of information and opinions, be politically non-partisan.
- Be submitted to the Peace Week Delaware Steering Committee for review and approval.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Criteria updated 04-15-21]
Step 2) Plan Your Event
With the future still uncertain for many this October, we anticipate a lot of virtual events BUT you can plan in-person events as well. If you’re undecided, you can read through our virtual events tips.
In Person Events
Follow all Covid-19 Guidelines as specified by the State of Delaware Department of Health and CDC
Communicate the meeting policies with attendees.
Consider outdoor events with rain dates. With our new registration form, you are now able to download attendee email addresses for notifications.
For indoor events – size matters – number of people matter. On the registration form we encourage you to appropriately limit the number of attendees based on capacity, room conditions, etc.
When you register a virtual event on the website, an email reminder with the link will be automatically sent to all registered attendees 24 hours prior to your start time.
For security reasons, caution your attendees not to share the zoom link on social media.
If you are new to virtual presentations, invest some time in learning best practices and features (like breakout rooms, whiteboard, polls, and chat). https://zoom.us/
Follow recommended security on your video conferencing software. We suggest you use both the password and waiting room features.
can combine the best of both event-types and open your event to attendees and speakers from across the state and to people with disabilities or concerns that prevent them from traveling.
The registration for your event is slightly different depending on whether your event is in-person, virtual, or hybrid. When you register an event you are asked to specify whether this is an in-person or virtual event. When you select in-person you are prompted to enter the physical address of the event venue. When you select virtual (url location) you are prompted to enter the link address and your own text description. For hybrid events select in-person and enter the link and description in the event’s description box.
Contact us by emailing a request for help to firstname.lastname@example.org Our tech volunteers can set up a help session by zoom or by phone to guide you through the registration process. Let us know the best times to reach you and give us your preferred means of contact. You should hear from us within 48 hours.
Step 3) Register as a User on our Website (Optional)
If you choose to become a registered website user, it will allow you to manage your event and harvest lists of attendees as well as allow the distribution of your video conference link (URL) to all your registered attendees.
Instructions for becoming a registered user:
This will take a bit of time and will require careful attention. Read completely and keep detailed records of username, email address and password. Selecting the button below will:
1. Take you to a WordPress (website editor) asking for a username and an email address.
2. WordPress will reply by asking you to go to your email inbox( be patient, this might take a few minutes)
3. Email will contain a link to a screen with a goobily-gook password
4. You may delete the suggested password and insert your own and SAVE
5. Follow the link to logon.
6. A successful login will take you to your Profile Page on our website. This page is a launch page–you need not enter anything. You will note a “Howdy” greeting in the far upper right. On the far upper left, you can select Peace Week Delaware and visit the site.
7. You can then navigate the site with rights to submit, view and change your posting(s) and rights to view and manage bookings
8. When finished, logout in the top right corner of the screen.
Step 4) Submit Your Event to Peace Week Delaware!
Once your event is planned and you are certain it meets all the criteria, head on over to our registration page to submit it for Peace Week 2021. After submission the editorial team reviews your entry and may make suggestions for revisions. Within a week, our staff sends, via email, a link to view a “pending” website entry for your event. If you do not receive the email, look in your spam and bulk folders. Occassionally, these auto-generated emails from WordPress are considered spam. It is critical that you locate and reply to this email. In this email tell us if you approve of the posting or needed edits. See Step 5 below to see what happens next.
Step 5) Edit Your Event Posting
Log In to View/Edit Your Event
Edits to posting:
- Any edits need to be approved by the staff AND the event organizer.
- In your initial acceptance email, you were directed to give final approval or suggests edits. Web staff will gladly work with you to execute necessary changes prior to publishing your event on our website. This is done by responding to email@example.com with either:
1) An explanation of any new edits that we should make (new images will also be accepted at this address) OR
2) That no edits are needed and that you give your approval for this posting to appear on our website
- You may also self-edit your postings at any time by logging in and navigating to the Manage Events-link.Use the left sidebar. The system will automatically unpublish any edited posting until the staff can approve and re-publish.
- Final publishing of events on our website: We will not publish events without email approval from the event organizer. If you fail to give approval, within four days, the event description will be removed from our website.
On the behalf of our entire community, many thanks for your submission. Please use our website to review our event criteria as you plan the details of your event. Also, please remember that publicizing your event on this website is only the first step in promoting your event. From our experience, we know that careful work is needed to meet your attendance goals.
Again, thank you for your time and your patience.